You know those ‘aha’ moments you get when the way someone says something makes everything click into place? Aren’t they amazing?!
This inspiration section is cram-packed full of all the blogs, books, videos and people that have helped me over the years. I hope they also help you! Let me know your thoughts by dropping me a line at email@example.com
You can also follow me on Social Media (links on the right) for inspirational quotes and articles!
Laura’s blog Wholeheartedly Healthy is full of wonderful posts about accepting who you are. Not only can you find wonderful honesty and full of great advice, there’s tonnes of information about being a new Mum and some fab vlogs too.
– ‘When it comes to self love and body image, it’s about realising we are all wonderfully unique, and that is something that should be celebrated, not battled with’
Deliciously Ella has become such a global sensation. Best known for her super healthy approach to live, I admire her for approach to not counting calories and her optimistic approach to grabbing life by the horns.
– ‘Our relationship with ourselves is so fundamental to our own happiness’
The Body Image Movement was founded by the wonderful Taryn, who after considering plastic surgery realised she was sending the wrong message to her daughter. Since then she has created a wonderful community of people spreading positive body image messages and is in the process of creating an exciting documentary!
– ‘Body Image Movement’s job is to harness and facilitate positive body image activism by encouraging women to be more accepting of who they are’
The Beauty Myth by Naomi Wolf is a feminist classic. It’s an empowering book that had me underlining useful bits of text like crazy!
– ‘A consequence of female self-love is that the woman grows convinced of social worth’
I mention Brene down below, but this video about vulnerability is 20 minutes of pure brilliance.
– ‘You are imperfect, you are wired for struggle, but you are worthy of love and belonging’
Brene Brown – I first watched her super awesome video on TED after a year of therapy, and it was like she summed up everything I’d been told and more in 20 minutes. And she does it with humour. Love her! Her website is a great place to start to find all of her works.
– Don’t try to win over the haters; you are not a jackass whisperer’